Re: US court says software is owned, not licensed

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: US court says software is owned, not licensed
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:12:02 +0200

"amicus_curious" <acdc@sti.net> writes:

> "David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message
>
>> Uh yes.  We were talking about _market_ value of GPL software
>> business.  Now you want to exclude everything for which one has to
>> pay.  How much more stupid can you get?
>>
> Well I find it difficult to achieve your level, of course, but I would
> claim that, absent Linux per se, Red Hat could be in the same business
> doing the same things and be focused on freeBSD Unix.

Focus, please focus.  Now you are talking about a decrease of the GPL
market in a fantasy world of yours.

> Or the GPL could be revoked and Red Hat would continue to be in the
> same business doing the same thing as before.

Nobody was talking about the GPL market in fantasy worlds.

Microsoft could be a company selling green cheese, but that makes no
statement about the dairy market in _this_ world.

--
David Kastrup