Re: [LMAO] El Reg: "GPLv2 - copyright code or contract?"

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: [LMAO] El Reg: "GPLv2 - copyright code or contract?"
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:41:13 -0500

On 2009-10-17, Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> wrote:

> In gnu.misc.discuss Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

>>> Don't be silly.  One doesn't need to be elected to state plain facts.
>
>>> I am myself a software writer of good faith, and I know lots of others,
>>> and none of us has the slightest difficulty with the GPL.  You are not
>>> a software writer at all, as far as I can remember, so you're not in a
>>> position to dispute this.
>
>> If "slightest difficulty" means you don't really care the fine. But to
>> try and maintain it's clear and easy is somewhat disingenuous on your
>> part. It should be abbundantly apparent to anyone who follows thread
>> about the GPL that it's not "easy" and "totally clear" at all.

    The GPL is very plain and clear.

    The problem is that it represents something that many people would like
to "pirate". They want to make excuses to justify their "freeloading". They
are the very definition of "freetards". They want to take advantage of the
work of others while ignoring the terms under which it is provided.

    Now this is the height of hypocrisy.

    This is the perfect example of Hadron proving himself the faithful Lemming.

--
        Nothing quite gives you an understanding of Oracle's         |||
        continued popularity as does an attempt to do some          / | \