Re: [Matt Asay Tells The Truth] Stallman: GPL doesn't guarantee software

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [Matt Asay Tells The Truth] Stallman: GPL doesn't guarantee software freedom
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:48:16 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:

> Stallman told the European Commission that

> "the lack of a more flexible license for MySQL will present considerable
> barriers to a new forked development path for MySQL"

THis is nothing new.  The FSF's recommendation has always been "GPL version N,
or any later version".  This is a prime example of what happens when such a
recommendation is disregarded.

> I've been telling all along that the GPL is unlawful anticompetitive
> conspiracy blatantly violating Article 81 EC.

I sure if that were the case, Mrs. Kroes would be onto it.  She's pretty
sharp.  Or maybe just nobody's complained about it yet.  Why don't you
submit a complaint, Alex?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).