Re: [Matt Asay Tells The Truth] Stallman: GPL doesn't guarantee software

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Matt Asay Tells The Truth] Stallman: GPL doesn't guarantee software freedom
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:04:34 +0200

> David Kastrup wrote:
>
> [... "the GPL is not a contract" ...]
>
> Both courts unequivocally said that the GPL is a contract.

How comes you snip everything relevant from my reply before stomping
your feet again?  As I already said: contract law applies since licenses
are held to the same standard.  There are differences which I listed.

You'll find that the courts did not rule on the side of "contract"
rather than "license" where any of those particular differences was
concerned.  Sloppy language does not set legal precedence as long as it
does not make a difference regarding the _ruling_.

--
David Kastrup