Re: PJ lies about Terekhov--again

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: PJ lies about Terekhov--again
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:29:22 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:
>> In gnu.misc.discuss Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> Groklaw's Pamela Jones, the Sarah Palin of the Software World is at
>>> it again:

>>> "The court quotes from Microsoft Corp. v. Software Wholesale Club,
>>> Inc.: "the first-sale doctrine does not apply to an admittedly
>>> counterfeit unit". So, no, you can't buy a copy and use it to go into
>>> a counterfeiting business, in effect.  Terekhov's theory has bitten
>>> the dust and then had to eat some.  Just like Daniel Wallace's
>>> anti-GPL theory did. Whoever is relying on their legal theories might
>>> want to buy a vowel and try to figure this puzzle out."
>>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20091114101637997

>> [ and so on .. ]

>> Rjack, all this lot is pretty much off-topic here.  I think you'd be
>> better debating the matter on groklaw itself, which has an active
>> forum.

> Yeah... an active forum and a black hole where reasonable disagreement
>  is sent. Since when are GPL discussions "off topic" Lord Mackenzie?

Hah!  If they were genuine GPL discussions, they might be on topic, but
genuine they are not.  You post not to discuss, but to disparage and
libel.  And since when has this sort of stuff been on-topic anywhere:

>>>Pammy never bothers to document her sources concerning her assertion
>>>that Terekhov's first sale theory involves "counterfeiting" and
>>>distributing legally owned copies of GPL software. This woman is
>>>either a congenital liar or Alzheimer's toxic plaque is taking its
>>>toll. Even someone with her limited cognitive abilities should
>>>understand that you have permission via the GPL license to download
>>>and make an unlimited number of verbatim copies.

?  That's pure nastiness, pure bile from a gutless poster, Rjack, who
probably wouldn't say boo to a goose if the goose could see him and
sqwawk back.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).