Re: Is Wikipedia censorship or...

From: AzzMazta
Subject: Re: Is Wikipedia censorship or...
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 22:42:56 -0500

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:50:01 -0800 (PST), mike3 wrote:

> So what's the main argument in the post? Sounds more like just stating
> opinions about Wikipedia contributors than an "argument".

Wikipedia is frequently criticized for censorship - this is often discussed
in these newsgroups. I agree that censorship occurs on Wikipedia, having
dealt with it myself in the past (no, not because of malware spam).

I suggested that maybe the user base consists primarily of bullied
students.

I should have mentioned, it seems that the articles which are blocked from
public editing are always topics which would appeal to/be targets for
[junior]high-schoolers, like "Zac Efron", "Emo", "Jonas Brothers", "Michael
Jackson", "Ass", "Fuck", "Penis", "Gay", "Tits", "Family Guy", "Rugrats",
and "Spongebob"

--

AzzMazta's Political Institute
Verbal Diarrhea & More