Re: SFLC is succeeding.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: SFLC is succeeding.
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:07:28 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss RJack <user@example.net> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

>>> The SFLC's incompetent staff suck handsome salaries out of the
>>> public donations to "defense of Free Software" by the SFLC.

>> That remark comes into the category of libel.  Good job none of them
>>  take you at all seriously.

> 1) Truth is an absolute defense to libel in this country Allen. Filing
> seven consecutive copyright infringement lawsuits without standing,
> followed by seven voluntary dismissals is I-N-C-O-M-P-E-T-E-N-T.

You're confusing your interpretation, your desire for how you would like
things to be, with how things are.  A team of lawyers have settled a
series of cases (I'll take your word for it that there are seven; I've
got better things to do than to keep counting them), so that makes them
incompetent in the Rjack world.

> 2) The SFLC is a United States Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. ?
> 501(c)(3) advocacy organization -- so sue me.

Oh, nobody's going to bother suing you.  Even if these lawyers chanced
upon gnu-misc-discuss@gnu.org, they'd regard it is beneath them to mix it
in with the likes of you.  That doesn't change the fact that your
statement was libellous.

> 3) I hope someone takes me seriously before somebody ends up before a
> disciplinary board or worse yet, in the slammer. Lying to the Federal
> Government is taken seriously in this country Allen.

You're foaming at the mouth so much that you can't even spell my name
properly?  Let's see about this alleged "lying".  It seems to me that
lying and swindling are a normal and accepted part of USA business, and
are encouraged and protected by USA law.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).