Re: Problem with GPLv3 FAQ about linking with Visual C++

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Problem with GPLv3 FAQ about linking with Visual C++
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:00:45 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> On 2/1/2010 1:27 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Hey Antonis, Hyman correctly noted (must have taken his meds in the
> > meantime) that the GPL {non-}system library nonsense element is
> > unenforceable.
>
> Unsurprisingly, you are misstating my claim. The library provisions

Your meds are way too short acting Hyman.

>  > Note that the official GNU party line doesn't agree with
> > such outcome.
>
> That's correct. But they're wrong.

You can't have it both ways.

Either you agree that both the GPL's proper {non-}system library stuff
and the entire
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html ("You may convey a covered work
under sections 3 and 4 of this License without being bound by section 3
of the GNU GPL") is meaningless hot air or you should stick to the
official GNU party line, silly.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)