Re: As the GPL fades

From: Victor Cortiano
Subject: Re: As the GPL fades
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:49:27 -0200

Alexander, you're just another OpenBSD zealot who dislikes the fact
that OpenBSD is not considered free by FSF's guidelines.

Besides suggesting proprietary software in one of its ports, Theo de Radt
explicitly accepts non-free firmware. Besides, OpenBSD uses the revised
BSD license for the stated purpose of allowing "commercial use" of its
software. That "commercial" actually means proprietary software. I'm not
against the revised BSD license or any other non-copyleft free license,
but in this case that means they don't see any problem with proprietary
software.

That means GNU and OpenBSD have different views, so I don't know why so
many people from OpenBSD are whining about it being considered non-free
by FSF.

I've seen your GNG website. Your arguments are ridiculously flawed. You're
just another narrow-minded person who dislikes rms because of his beard,
his clothes and his philosophy.

Please, go whine elsewhere.