Re: The SFLC dismissals should be coming soon

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: The SFLC dismissals should be coming soon
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:00:24 +0100

RJack wrote:
[...]
> Ohhhhh..... I understand now! You have invented a new copyright concept
> called a "derivative-collective work". It is either a collective work or
> a derivative work depending on how you feel at the moment. That's kind

Well, reorganizing some preexisting collection to form a new collection
similar to the original but creatively different is probably a
derivative work in which "work" is a collective work just like the
preexisting collective work. But that, of cause, is not what the busybox
contributors and code check-in committers are doing. Hyman is just
playing his "i'm an utter idiot" game on the net as usual.

P.S. "It is just like a suit to enforce a copyright license, which
arises under state law rather than under the Copyright Act. "

Hyman's lovin' http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Gaiman_v._McFarlane

P.P.S. "the registered work is a compilation"

Hyman's lovin' http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Gaiman_v._McFarlane

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)