Re: From the Best Buy et. al. case

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: From the Best Buy et. al. case
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:44:12 +0100

RJack wrote:

>  From the  Erik Andersen vs. Best Buy et. al. Scheduling
> Order entered Feb. 22, 2010 appearing on PACER as case no. 1:09-cv-10155-SAS
>
> "Shira A. Scheindlin U.S.D.J.
>
> 2. A concise statement of the issues as they then appear;
>
> Pending results of Defendants' investigations, Defendants
> intend to show that the Plaintiff's have no damages, that
> the Defendants did nothing actionable under copyright law, that
> any alleged copying was not willful, that Plaintiffs are not
> the proper parties, that the copyright held by Mr. Andersen
> is not applicable, and that, since being put on notice of
> the purported requirements of the general public license,
> Defendants have endeavored to come into compliance with what
> can only be described as a 'moving target'."

Translation: Defendants intend to bankrupt frivolous Plaintiffs with
lawyer fees and sanctions.

I also like the initial schedule:

Depositions of fact witnesses to be completed by 12/17/2010.

Initial disclosures by 3/8/2010.

The parties will serve initial requests for production of documents by
3/22/2010.

Initial expert reports due 2/11/2011. Rebuttal expert reports due
3/11/2011.

Each expert's deposition will be completed by 4/15/2011.

Fact discovery to be completed by 12/17/2010.

Expert discovery to be completed by 4/15/2011.

Final pre-trial conference: 1/6/2011 at 4:30.

Counsel for the parties have conferred and their present best estimate
of the length of trial is fifteen (15) days.

Certain Defendants contemplate that they may request a jury trial.

P.S. "I'm insufficiently motivated to go set up a GNU/Linux system
so that I can do the builds."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

P.P.S. "Of course correlation implies causation! Without this
fundamental principle, no science would ever make any progress."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)