Re: Settlements

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Settlements
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 19:37:33 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> On 2/25/2010 12:58 PM, RJack wrote:
>  > When have SFLC lawyers and any defendant company's lawyers appeared in
>  > any federal court hearing and announced a settlement? I'd be glad to
>  > acknowledge any such settlement that you can document.
>
> <http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-02-22/amazon-com-perfect-10-settle-suit-over-nude-pictures-update1-.html>
>      Today’s hearing had been scheduled to hear arguments...
>
> They appeared at the hearing to tell the judge that the
> hearing was no longer required. The desperation of your
> arguments only emphasizes their futility.

>From pacer 2:05-cv-04753-AHM-SH End date: 2/25/2010

"02/24/2010 380 MINUTES Motion Hearing held before Judge A. Howard Matz:
Court is advised that the parties have reached a settlement.
Accordingly, the Court DENIES AS MOOT (1) Plaintiff's Motion for Partial
Summary Judgment as to Contributory Liability for Copyright Infringement
and Ineligibility for Dmca Safe Harbor 172 and (2) Defendant Alexa's
Cross Motion for Summary Judgment on Perfect 10's Contributory
Infringement Claim and Motion for Summary Judgment on Plaintiff Perfect
10's Claims for Direct Infringement and Vicarious Liability 253 . The
parties are to submit their dismissal by not later than 3/8/2010. IT IS
THEREFORE ORDERED that this case is removed from this Court's active
caseload without prejudice to the right, upon good cause shown within 30
days, to request a status conference be scheduled if settlement is not
consummated. This Court retains jurisdiction over this action and this
Order shall not prejudice any party to this action. (Made JS-6. Case
Terminated.) Court Reporter: Cindy Nirenberg. (jp) (Entered:
02/24/2010)"

When was the last time that a court in a GPL case was "advised that the
parties have reached a settlement" Hyman?

P.S. "I'm insufficiently motivated to go set up a GNU/Linux system
so that I can do the builds."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

P.P.S. "Of course correlation implies causation! Without this
fundamental principle, no science would ever make any progress."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)