Re: Settlements

From: RJack
Subject: Re: Settlements
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:49:09 -0000

David Kastrup wrote:

Causality does not necessarily imply temporal order in the legal
world, because the legal _meaning_ of an act might sometimes be
established only at a later point of time.

Taking something in a supermarket without paying constitutes theft.
The relevant activity of the theft is done at the time I take the
ware, the status of the theft is established when I pass the cash
register. Passing a cash register, however, is not what the law
considers a crime.

WTF does the foregoing rant have to do with anything in reality?

Sincerely,
RJack :)