Re: SCO moronic loss in Novell suit

From: RonB
Subject: Re: SCO moronic loss in Novell suit
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:11:57 -0000

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:55:22 +0100, spike1 wrote:

> You have absolutely no grasp of the history of SCO group. SCO didn't
> begin with the release of SCO linux, they began as a LINUX distribution
> called Caldera. For many years they were a SUCCESSFUL linux distribution
> who aquired enough cash to BUY stuff like DRDOS and SCO.

Calera had early success as a desktop Linux, but somewhere along the line
the jumped the shark and their releases got worse and worse (I once used
Caldera Linux and bought two different releases of it). It was only after
their Linux product stalled that they came up with the idea of suing
everyone.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581