Re: Versa trashes the GPL as well

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Versa trashes the GPL as well
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:07:19 -0000

> "the alleged license at issue in this case and/or certain provisions
> contained therein are illegal, unconscionable and barred by public
> policy as well as by statutory and case law."

They'll have a fun time

a) proving that statement

b) telling the court what other permission short of "the alleged
   license" they have for copying and distribution.

That's pretty much the usual clueless first response.

> Exactly.

Which is why it is hailed by our usual clueless first responders.  Now
we'll just have to wait for the huzzahs when both parties file for
dismissal in the course of which the sources are made available under
the GPL (never mind how illegal, unconscionable and whatever else that
would be).  Or until the court actually issues a ruling, and we'll get
the usual hissy fits here about "drunken judges" and claims that they
are in conflict with the Superior Court or whatever other histrionics we
are used to seeing from our resident cranks.

--
David Kastrup