Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:12:42 -0000

"Hyman Rosen" <hyrosen@mail.com> wrote in message news:E46vn.200849$Dv7.17644@newsfe17.iad...
On 4/7/2010 4:30 PM, RJack wrote:
What appears to have happened is that the SFLC filed a mindless
copyright infringement claim concerning “BusyBox, v.0.60.3.” that
they can't possibly win so they are attempting to cut their losses as
quickly as possible. Further prosecution of the suit would quickly run
up substantial attorney fees assessed against the SFLC.

But the SFLC has already won, since Comtrend is now in compliance
with the GPL. There are no losses to cut when you have not lost.

I was curious as to what was actually posted and I found, by following the link:

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Web Server at winwebhostingplesk.com

Is a broken link sufficient to stave off the SFLC? Seems cheap enough.