Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:13:37 -0000

> David Kastrup wrote:
> [...]
>> Why would they make the source code available without necessity?  Out of
>> court settlements are private.  But the results speak for themselves.
>
> Like
>
> http://download.comtrend.com/CT-5361T-A131-306CTU-C04_R01_consumer_release.tar.gz
>
> you moron dak.

<URL:http://www.comtrend.com/na/privacy.htm> says

    • Free software
    As you may know from our product manual or any other information
    about our products, some of our programs were amended from free
    software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms
    of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
    Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any
    later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will
    be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
    warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See
    the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have
    received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this
    program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/

    Note:
    Certain products/services on this site are not available at present
    in your home country. Please check with Comtrend's representative or
    your local reseller/distributor for details.

It would appear that they are still figuring out their way to comply
with the settlement, likely prioritized by country of distribution.  I'd
estimate the timeline for completing settlement procedures of that kind
to be somewhere between 3-8 weeks.

Of course, once they do, you'll just stop talking about it.

--
David Kastrup