Re: The SFLC has pleaded their clients right out of court

From: RJack
Subject: Re: The SFLC has pleaded their clients right out of court
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:16:09 -0000

Hyman Rosen wrote:
On 4/15/2010 9:43 AM, RJack wrote:
The statement ". . . (a) Plaintiffs’ copyrights are unique and
valuable property whose market value is impossible to assess, . .
." automatically establishes the fact that any alleged injury is "conjectural and hypothetical". The SFLC lawyers have pleaded their
 clients right out of Court.

Unfortunately for you, the court does not agree with you: <http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/opinions/08-1001.pdf> The choice to
exact consideration in the form of compliance with the open source
requirements of disclosure and explanation of changes, rather than as
a dollar-denominated fee, is entitled to no less legal recognition.
Indeed, because a calculation of damages is inherently speculative,
these types of license restrictions might well be rendered
meaningless absent the ability to enforce through injunctive relief.

"In Bandag, Inc. v. Al Bolser's Tire Stores, Inc., 750 F.2d 903, at 909