Re: Compliance detection tool

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Compliance detection tool
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:30:46 +0200

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

> On 4/20/2010 3:27 PM, RJack wrote:
>> Open your eyes. Your dream is over.
>
> When a court tells me so, then I'll worry.
> When a crank does, not so much.
>
> So far, courts seem to like open licenses just fine.

It is not a matter of liking them or not liking them.  They deal with
them, generally in the manner that the creator of the license would have
thought.  At least for licenses with significant adoption rates.  There
may be a lot of one-shot open licenses by individuals where the legal
consequences are not quite as the creator would have wished.  Probably
fewer than proprietary licenses of that kind, though.

--
David Kastrup