Re: Recommendation for a CL data structures library

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: Recommendation for a CL data structures library
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:09:25 -0000

Raffael Cavallaro <raffaelcavallaro@pas.espam.s.il.vous.plait.mac.com>
writes:

> Using them would place their employer or the commercial organization
> to which they belong under the obligation of publishing all of the
> source code for any released product that included your library. As a
> result, most people working on commercial published software, or who
> contemplate doing so in the future, simply avoid gpl libraries
> altogether.

Here is a question which I find rather interesting: Is in-house use of
GPLed software allowed?  It is quite clear that using GPLed software by
a single developer to run a commercial web server for example is
allowed.  But in the case of multiple developers inside a company one
could either argue that the company operates as an entity, or
alternatively that the company by letting one of their developers
combine GPLed software with their own product is forced to give her/him
the whole software under GPL.

Nicolas

P.S.: Sorry about Cross-posting to gnu.misc.discuss, but there should be
the experts.