Re: Significance of the GP licence.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Significance of the GP licence.
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 16:05:40 +0200

> David Kastrup wrote:
> [...]
>> You won't find any.  And that's the point.
>
> Since it is YOU GNUtians who are crying "copyright violation",
> "copyright violation"... which is a tort and on a large scale it is even
> a crime, IT'S UP TO YOU TO PROVE THE CLAIM YOU IDIOT.

Well, I didn't find any.  And you don't find any even though you wish
you would.  And all those that wish they'd find such a judge don't.

So yes, we have

    More relevantly, there are no judges out there in court rooms who
    believe the terms of the GPL can be ignored while making use of its
    permissions.

    And that's what counts, regardless of where you think your nut-jobs
    may be hanging out.

Now of course this is not mathematical evidence since obviously, judges
being not bound by logic but only by their own choices (which usually
include not being displaced for incompetence).  So there is no "proof"
but merely statistics.  And the statistics so far support your opinion
with a staggering 0%.  You are still waiting for your outlier to appear
that you can then declare the only existing verdict.  The way you argue,
that will be enough to proudly parade this around long after it has been
overturned.  So far, you are batting exactly zero.  Should you ever get
a single hit, you'll declare your batting average to be 1.0 for all
future.  And probably even believe it.  But you are not there yet.

--
David Kastrup