Re: Justice draws nigh

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Justice draws nigh
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:54:53 -0000

On 5/12/2010 7:41 AM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
SFLC stipulated dismissal of Sumsung, as usual without any settlement.

Here is the manual for the Insignia NS-WBRDVD player,
<http://www.insigniaproducts.com/cms/documents/NS-WBRDVD%20UM%20EN%20V4.pdf>
I draw your attention to page 24 (page 28 of the pdf):
    PUBLIC LICENSE
        This product contains software that is subject to the GNU Public
        License Version 2 (GPL2). You can obtain a copy of the GPL
        License from
        http://www/gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html.

        If you require additional information or you wish to receive
        source code, please call the Insignia support line at
        1-877-467-4289. The source code is available for a period of
        three (3) years from the date of the distribution of this product
        by Insignia.

    GNU PUBLIC LICENSE
        The BD player runs software that is covered under the GPL. As
        such, we are required to publish the following:

There follows the complete GPLv2.

So as ever and always, once the suit brought by the SFLC concludes,
the defendants make the software properly available under the GPL.