Re: Justice draws nigh

From: RJack
Subject: Re: Justice draws nigh
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:55:04 -0000

David Kastrup wrote:
RJack <user@example.net> writes:

Hyman Rosen wrote:
On 5/12/2010 10:49 AM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
"Modified: 25.01.2010 12:19:51" (I gather that "please call the
Insignia support line at 1-877-467-4289" is a sign of perfect
compliance to the GPL
As long as making such a call leads to obtaining the code, then
yes, of course.
Talk about mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooving the goalposts.

The SFLC starts out suing for damages, injunctions etc. and now it's down to settling for listing a fucking telephone number.

The goal from the getgo was compliance with the terms of the GPL. Damages are consequences to non-compliance, injunctions (stopping distribution) similarly.

If there are no consequences for non-compliance, you can't elicit compliance. The state at the time of the complaint was
non-compliance, and that state is what the court can be asked to act
on.

In short: the goalposts did not move at all, but to score, you have
to get the ball into court in the first place if it is not already
sitting in the goal.

I think the appropriate number is 1-800-KISS-MY-ASS.

For you it is all the same as you choose to make an ass out of
yourself.

At least I didn't register a derivative work (BusyBox v.0.60.3) that I
clearly don't own:

http://perens.com/blog/d/2009/12/15/23/

and then fraudulently sue for copyright infringement in federal court.

LMAO

Sincerely,
RJack :)