Re: The great BusyBox fraud continues

From: RJack
Subject: Re: The great BusyBox fraud continues
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:56:27 -0000

David Kastrup wrote:
RayLopez99 <raylopez88@gmail.com> writes:

On Jun 4, 5:40 am, RJack <u...@example.net> wrote:

Erik Andersen continues to claim ownership of BusyBox v0.60.2 although he has contributed no executable code to the compiled BusyBox binary at all -- it doesn't get any more dishonest than this. It would be a toss-up to decide who is the bigger liar -- The Sofware Freedom Conservancy INC or SCO Inc.

If Western Digital's attorneys allow this rank, fraudulent request for default judgment to proceed, they should be restricted to practicing law in Siberia.

Right. And they won't. This is just another IP troll attempt, this time by the Linux crowd, to extract money from corporations in
 the legal arena after having failed in the marketplace.

<URL:http://www.top500.org/stats/list/35/osfam>

455 systems are powered by Linux.  5 systems by Windows.

I consider this more a sign of failure of Microsoft's "High performance computing Windows" initiative.

<URL:http://www.drdobbs.com/184404102>

Thomas Watson, Jr, IBM's CEO, noted in a famous memo to IBM employees: "Last week, Control Data ... announced the 6600 system. I understand that in the laboratory developing the system there are only 34 people including the janitor. Of these, 14 are engineers and 4 are programmers... Contrasting this modest effort with our vast development activities, I fail to understand why we have lost our industry leadership position by letting someone else offer the world's most powerful computer." To which Cray replied: "It seems like Mr. Watson has answered his own question."

Let's be neutral and count 'em all since it's a big World:
                     OS Platform Statistics
Windows XP is the most popular operating system. The Windows family
counts for almost 90%:

2010       Win7      Vista     Win2003  WinXP  W2000      Linux      Mac
April     16.7%     13.2%     1.3%     56.1%     0.5%     4.5%     7.1%
March     14.7%     13.7%     1.4%     57.8%     0.5%     4.5%     6.9%
Feb       13.0%     14.4%     1.4%     58.4%     0.6%     4.6%     7.1%
Jan       11.3%     15.4%     1.4%     59.4%     0.6%     4.6%     6.8

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Sincerely,
RJack :)