Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:58:20 -0000

On 8/7/2010 3:10 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Q) I want to create a full blown derivative work (a copy of which I may
want to distribute later) or a copy verbatim (which I may want to
distribute later) of the GPL'd work... what are the conditions in order
to gain the rights to do that?

There are no conditions for making a derivative work,
combined work, or simple copy of a GPLed work for your
own use. If you wish to copy and distribute such works,
you must make the source code of the work you distribute
as a whole available under the terms of the GPL.