Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple

From: RJack
Subject: Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:58:50 -0000

On 8/10/2010 1:21 PM, Hyman Rosen wrote:
On 8/10/2010 1:10 PM, RJack wrote:
As I said, no federal court has ever reviewed the contract language
of the GPL. It is common for those unfamiliar with legal
proceedings to confuse a "matter of fact" with a "matter of law".

There are thousands of licenses which have never been reviewed by a
court. In the case of the GPL, we actually have a judge who has read
 the license and did not say "What? This is crazy!" but instead sees
 it as an ordinary license about which there can be ordinary disputes
 as to whether its terms have been met. That is more court scrutiny
than most other licenses ever get.

No court has ever said that the GPL is not valid, including a court
that has read the GPL. I will rely on that, rather than the wishful
thinking of a crank who believes that someday a court will see things
his way.

Where did the court state that it even *read* the GPL?

"Affidavits submitted by the parties' experts raise a factual dispute
concerning whether the Gemini program is a derivative or an independent
and separate work under GPL ΒΆ 2."

*Affidavits* submitted by the parties is not the GPL. Just like the case
where the Artistic License is not the GPL.

What say ye now dear Hyman?

Yea! My License's Got A Hole In It
Yea! My License's Got A Hole In It
Yea! My License's Got A Hole In It
I can't buy no beer.

Well I'm standin' on a corner - With a license in my hand
I'm waitin' for a woman - That ain't got no man.

'Cause My License's Got A Hole In It
Yea! My License's Got A Hole In It
Yea! My License's Got A Hole In It
I can't buy no beer.