Re: Oh mighty mighty GPL

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Oh mighty mighty GPL
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:03:07 -0000

> Gee, almost a year after suing "old Westinghouse" SFC crook and blowhard
> Kuhn
>
> "Bradley M Kuhn, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1746 declare as follows:
>
> 1. I am President of Software Freedom Conservancy ("Conservancy"), one
> of the plaintiffs in this action. Until 30 September 2010, I was
> Technology Director of the Software Freedom Law Center..."
>
> (there seems to be quite a staff shuffling at Moglens "law firm" LOL)
>
> has discovered that "new Westinghouse" is still breaching the utterly
> enforceable mighty mighty GPL.
>
> Standing ovations to Kuhn for this groundbreaking discovery!!!

"Enforceable" does not mean that it explodes into a breacher's face.  It
means that you can get a court to order compliance and award penalties
if it is not heeded.

That's what happening here.  If Westinghouse is planning to get out of
bankruptcy ever, they better not be amassing unnecessary legal debts.
So unless they already switched over to reckless mode, we'll likely get
to see compliance soon.

--
David Kastrup