Re: Sharing the GPL source code, with value addition by vendor specifi

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Sharing the GPL source code, with value addition by vendor specifictohis hardware?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:03:42 -0000

On 10/12/2010 11:55 AM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
I am referring to your absence of logic you moron. It is a fact that
that the BSD is less restrictive versus the GPL, don't you agree silly?

Your fellow crank asked which federal courts looked at the GPL
as a valid copyright license, and I responded with a number of
examples. Why are you referring to a different license?

The courts you referred to explicitly did NOT rule on validity of the
GPL restrictions you idiot.

Of course not. Nor did they rule that the sky was blue. The point
is that you and your fellow cranks like to rant about how the GPL
is ineffective, illegal, and invalid. However, when courts look at
the GPL they see a license so unremarkable that they accept its
validity as a given.

And yes, the BSD license is absolutely less restrictive than the GPL.
It may be used by developers who don't care about preventing their
software from being used in non-free code.