Re: Stuttgart 21 protests

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Stuttgart 21 protests
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:04:01 -0000

Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:

> Alan Mackenzie wrote: [...]
>> You seriously expect that porky pie to fly?  You'll have seen the
>> figures on Wikipedia, of course.  There are 1240 trains using S. Hbf
>> per day, made up of 164 Long distance ("Fernverkehr") trains, 426
>> local ("Nahverkehr") trains and 650 S-Bahns.

> Yes, if you count two other (already underground) levels having nothing
> to do with S21 new underground level with 8 new platforms meant to
> replace existing platforms for long-distance trains.

>> The site you cite cites merely the number of long distance trains.

> The new underground level with 8 platforms is for the long-distance
> trains, idiot.

Tell me, oh wise one, where are the platforms at which the 426
Nahverkehrszuege will arrive and depart?  Might it possibly be that they
will be using the 8 underground platforms too?  If so, there will be
around 590 trains per day using these 8 platforms, a much higher density
than Nuremberg's 450 trains on 21 platforms.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).