Re: mobile computers vs. software freedom

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: mobile computers vs. software freedom
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 14:27:32 +0700

[...]

 >>> Are there any e-book readers that only run free software?

 >> I wonder, if there's /any/ mobile computer that doesn't rely on at
 >> least a tiny bit of non-free software?

 > The Lemote laptops, and desktop computers don't use any non-free
 > software.

        Indeed.  (Or at least the Wikipedia page seems to confirm it.)

        Unfortunately, their Web site doesn't seem to be reachable just
        now, and I cannot check for sure that the GPU's they use have
        open specs.  (Which is pretty much a prerequisite for having
        free software video drivers.)

--
FSF associate member #7257