Re: mobile computers vs. software freedom

From: mForestier
Subject: Re: mobile computers vs. software freedom
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 14:47:02 +0200

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 02:27:32PM +0700, Ivan Shmakov wrote:

>  > The Lemote laptops, and desktop computers don't use any non-free
>  > software.

I'll add Lemote Yeeloong (I'm use it), fuuloong and Linloong don't use
any non-free hardware too!

>       Indeed.  (Or at least the Wikipedia page seems to confirm it.)
>
>       Unfortunately, their Web site doesn't seem to be reachable just
>       now, and I cannot check for sure that the GPU's they use have
>       open specs.  (Which is pretty much a prerequisite for having
>       free software video drivers.)

Yes, I confirm I don't go Lemote webpage.
I suppose it's temporaly.
But we can go to:

http://dev.lemote.com/code/linux-loongson-community

I can confirm all Lemote Yeeloong hardware is free, from the
bios-equivalent (pmon) to the wifi-chipset...

Hope this help!

--
FSFE FellowShip #2243         [ ]    | mforestier.free.fr       ,= ,-_-. =.
mforestier(@)fsfe.org      [ ][ ][ ] | mforestier(@)free.fr    ((_/)o o(\_))