Re: What free software based online backup service would you recommend?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: What free software based online backup service would you recommend? Are there any?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:28:29 -0400

   I am not sure if USB sticks alone are better than online systems. I
   would like to be sure that I wouldn't lose my data if I lost my
   pendrive or if something bad happened to my house. This is why I am
   looking for some place to keep my data in a different geographical
   location, preferably in a different city to be more
   secure. External hard drives are good but not reliable enough in my
   opinion. External drives accompanied by securely encrypted online
   backup would be OK though but only one of these two is not enough.

If something would happen to your house, you have far more important
things to worry about than a few random bits.