Re: [upcoming] The European Court of Justice on 'Software' First Sale

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [upcoming] The European Court of Justice on 'Software' First Sale
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:28:49 +0000

On 10/11/2012 12:00 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Ineiev wrote:
Could you be more specific? what requirements are not fulfilled

Signed written form to begin with.

Article 1286 (3) maintains that this is not a requirement for licensing
computer programs.

Anything else?

and what does it imply?

Can't be enforced against licensee.

Sincerely speaking, I can't see how it could have
this implication.

[... "it is copying" ...]

For the upteenth time: the act of copying is perfectly fine and
unrestricted under the GPL and other public licenses.

What is so hard to understand here?
It is hard to understand how article 1272 may be relevant when
you download GCC. what you get is a copy you've made yourself,
it wasn't sold or alienated by the copyright holder. I can't

???

See for example:

I'm sorry, I'm speaking about the Russian jurisdiction.