Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla

From: Red Blade
Subject: Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 01:33:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 18:29:19 -0700, Snit wrote:

> On 7/14/13 5:49 PM, in article krvgu6$ebu$2@dont-email.me, "Red Blade"
> <penachew@yomomma.hot.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:51:25 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>

>>> The question is about how I should protect my property... and you (in
>>> my mind correctly) acknowledged it should be my choice. And those
>>> choices include many DRM methods which are available to me. My choice.
>>>
>>> Choice is good.
>>
>> No, because the law forces us to accept your "choice" or become felons
>> and serve heavy fines and jailtime (WIPO treaty/DMCA, etc).
>
> Of course you do not get to use *my* property as *you* wish... you get
> to use my property as *I* wish (or as I license you to use it, really).
>
>> Otherwise, your malicious attempts to control your customers' private
>> lives and use of private property in their private homes, you would be
>> playing catch-up with your malicious products like you should.
>
> How is it malicious to want to control my own property? I do not follow.

The question is who owns the product - the person who bought it
themselves and keeps it in their home to use it any way they rightfully
which, or your complete control over the consumer's life and use of the
product in their private lives and homes? Your answer is fascism, which
enables government-endorsed claims of "super-property" over actual
property and privacy, allowing for complete dictatorship of individuals
and their homes and property by the alleged "super-property" "owner".

--

Red Blade

http://www.libertycolumns.com/
http://www.danq.co/