Re: The Metro UI-Why it sucks

From: Chris Ahlstrom
Subject: Re: The Metro UI-Why it sucks
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 06:04:22 -0500

RedBlade7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 22:03:18 -0700, GreyCloud wrote:
>
>> On 12/4/2013 6:53 PM, RedBlade7 wrote:
>>>
>>> M$ should have shifted their focus to the M$-dependent business sector
>>> (e.g. health care).
>>>
>> You should go into a modern nursing home and watch them as they use
>> touch screens mounted on the walls.  No keyboards, as they don't have
>> time.  A touch screen is perfect for that kind of health care system and
>> most doctors approve of this approach.

Hence an even greater need for the hand-cleansing protocol <chuckle>.

> I was referring to billing, insurance, and the like.

Also kiosks.

But Greycloud is not quite correct -- every setup of seen in the local
hospitals has come with keyboards.  I haven't even seen any tablets there
yet.

--
neutron bomb, n.:
        An explosive device of limited military value because, as