Re: windows 8 first impressions

From: bleak_fire_
Subject: Re: windows 8 first impressions
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 01:06:03 +0000 (UTC)

on the great fire of Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:36:39 -0600, §ñühwö£f leapt from
the flames and sang:

> It fucking sucks balls. Wheres the start menu? Whys the wifi so fucking
> wonky? Sony made a crapfest with their vaio lappys. My sis bought won
> and it sucketh. Cant connect to our wifi.
>
> ROFL!

switch to linux if you can

many of your favorite windows programs have linux versions too (firefox,
thunderbird, etc)

there are alternatives for almost everything else you run on windows

you can use wine to run (a very large minority of) windows programs with
no problems, over time linux's alternatives will get better and better
and you won't need to run wine

you will need windows less and less as time goes on

eventually, ultimately, by the end of time, nobody will need windows for
anything

try downloading a livecd/livedvd/liveusb. no installation is required and
you can still access your windows hard disk and files.

--

bleak_fire_

fka "azz" et al since nine-seven