GNU C Programming Tutorial not on gnu.org

From: Michael Siegel
Subject: GNU C Programming Tutorial not on gnu.org
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 11:08:01 +0200

Hello,

I've recently begun to look into C and discovered the GNU C Programming
Tutorial along the way. I've found it to be quite helpful and was
wondering why the GNU project (apparently) doesn't host this document in
a canonical place.

The Wiki for the C programming channel on Freenode links to version 4.1
of the document at

  http://crasseux.com/books/ctutorial/

Then there is a supposedly identical version (same version number as the
above) at

https://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/programming_books/gnu_c_programming_tutorial/

And then there are a couple of other places where you can get the
original document by Mark Burgess as well as the FSF-revised version.

I think that an FSF-revised version of a document that is officially
called GNU C Programming Tutorial should definitely be in a prominent
place on gnu.org. Not only would this help users ensure they are using
the authoritative version of the document, it would also facilitate
maintenance.

Best
msi