Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 02:33:49 +0530

There was no intention and so I do not know why I am censored for "tit
for tat", moderator did not say. But I don't care to be censored. It
probably "offended" somebody. I guess it was a joke... hahhah

* Ruben Safir <ruben@mrbrklyn.com> [2019-10-29 01:58]:
> On 10/28/19 2:41 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Jean Louis, le lun. 28 oct. 2019 21:54:00 +0530, a ecrit:
> >> Virgin joke is a joke
> > Now that I have read about it, I can definitely say that it is a
> > completely inappropriate joke. Sure, it'll get a lot of people laugh.
> > But it'll also get some people not at ease / ashamed, etc., which is
> > just in line with that I wrote:
>
> No it wouldn't.  The implication is that any reference to human
> sexuality is offensive and that is CRAP.  Grow ups have no trouble with
> this.

Those are jokes. Nothing to get seriously offended. But I understand
the feeling. If one is in the class of people which is targeted by the
joke, that person may feel offended, sure.

But that is not the reason to dramatize the lack of humor and lack of
social interaction and incite hate movements.

"Comedy has the incredible ability to address subject matters that are
notoriously difficult to discuss." -- from
https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture/easily-offended-people/987451

Look at categories of jokes:
https://www.best-funny-jokes.com/

beauty, ugly... somebody will get offended, either ugly or
beatyful. The answer to the joke is best another joke. Not being
offended.

That is why PC means "politically correct" and now people who are
getting offended for their opinion that somebody said something
politically incorrect, they call for important social figures to "step
down", or "to resign", or to "cancel" them, and so on.

I am thankful I do not spend my time in such hateful environments.

Look at categories of jokes: accountants, attorneys, aviation, hair
and bald people (sorry Samuel), baby jokes, barbie jokes, children,
clinton, college, and just think -- somebody can always get offended.

That is lack of humor. Those jokes are not even personal. But if one
gets offended for a joke, that is ridiculous.

What GNU community lacks is bunch of jokes. There are too few.

https://www.gnu.org/fun/humor.en.html