Re: address@hidden is premoderated

From: DJ Delorie
Subject: Re: address@hidden is premoderated
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 12:53:41 -0400

Dora Scilipoti <dora@gnu.org> writes:
> Oh! I thought the conversations here were started to talk about a new
> governance model specifically for GNU.

Well... it's all related, but each sub-project in GNU itself needs a
local governance model, and even if it's different than the top-level
GNU model, they interact, so there's room for discussion there too.

In the glibc case, the topic started when the maintainers couldn't reach
consensus on a change, and we didn't have a way to move forward.
Remember, the glibc case, we have nine stewards (official maintainers),
70 listed maintainers (developers), and 490 copyright assignments.
Running glibc is more complicated than running a small one-developer
project, even if (or especially when) RMS gets involved.

Also remember that glibc is on its third major governance model (I
think) - dictator, committee, and consensus.