Re: Support for RMS and criticism of the "bottom-up"/"social contract" p

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Support for RMS and criticism of the "bottom-up"/"social contract" power grab attempt.
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:34:50 +0300

Marcel <mve1@runbox.com> wrote:

>> You donʼt try say, that when ‘detractors’, that want to derail free software
>> movement (whoever you mean), wonʼt need to push him out first, because heʼs
>> already dead, it will be any better, do you?
>
> I don't understand the rest of your statement, so I cannot respond.

Your point, as I understand it: the discussion on the future of GNU shall not
be held because: (1) there are ‘detractors’ who want to derail free software
movement, and (2) RMS is still with us.

My point: your point is invalid, because the situation will never be better
than that: (1) ill-wishers to the free software will exist in any foreseeable
future, while (2) RMS is not.