Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 20:20:12 +0100

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 03:00:10PM -0400, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> How is this any different than what we have on our web pages already?
> I've asked this now on several occasions, and nobody seems able to
> answer this simple question.

The idea would be to have a short, concise document which summarises what
the GNU project is about and what persons with responsibility in the project
are expected to heed, and behind which the community can rally. The Debian
Social Contract uses the words "a set of commitments that we agree to
abide by". I do not think we have something like this already, but please
feel free to point it out if I am mistaken.

Andreas