Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 17:51:08 +0100

Le jeudi 31 octobre 2019, 04:04:37 CET wayne, steve a écrit :
> Long time listener, first time caller.
>
> Ruben, for what it's worth your frothy-at-the-mouth email filled with
> tropes of male nerd chauvinism probably isn't a great argument against
> "this community is filled with reasons for women not to get involved". That
> kind of angry rhetoric is more likely to burn bridges than build them. Just
> sayin.
>
> I don't know this RMS fellow, but everything I have seen put out by him
> publicly demonstrates that he lacks a certain kind of social awareness and
> inner filter

Yes.  That is less political than neuropsychological/personal yet.

> really? defending child pornography publicly??

Note “child” is sometimes wrongly used to talk about post-puberian (though
minors) humans (and I was one not so long ago, and I can say it is quite
enerving to me to use me as political lever), and “pornography” about
personal, private (not published) photos, or even fictional drawings.

For me putting people in prison for owning *drawings* or having photos of
their *same-age* lovers is wrong and ought to be criticized.

And that’s a perfectly valid example of why doing so (defending blablabla)
SHALL be acceptable.

And he did that personally, on his website, not GNU’s.

And so few people have the courage doing this (as pedophilia is so widely used
as strawman to restrict people’s freedom and sustain first-forms of censorship
and repression (like Australia did)) that it is not acceptable either to
deprieve society from one temerary individual on the ground of the fact he’s a
leader.

He’s such because he is easily talkative about important issues, that’s why
he’s here, and should continue doing so.