Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 05:57:54 -0400

   > Ok.  So that sounds like a good idea, but how is this different from
   > what is sent to GNU maintainers today when they are dubbed as
   > maintainer (I attached it at the end of this message)?  It seems to
   > tick all the boxes...

   maybe it ticks too many boxes... It is not quite a "short, concise
   document". And it is also mostly technical. What is missing is the spirit
   of the expected contributions, what it is all about, rather than a
   technical guide of what to do in what situation. It is definitely not a
   document which could found a community.

But that is the thing -- GNU maintainers don't agree to anything other
than technical aspects.  The GNU project isn't about founding a
community, it is about creating a free operating system.