Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 06:30:05 +0100

Le lundi 4 novembre 2019 05:40:11 CET, vous avez écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 05:25:52AM +0100, Alexandre François Garreau wrote:
> > Hi, I like discussion.  This so because I like language.  And therefore,
> > meaning.
>
> Try the term Loshen HaRah
>
> it is Hebrew

Found it.  Interesting.  Thank you for readings.

The vocallic transcription was different on Wikipedia.  Damn I should learn to
read hebrew.  I just learnt arabic and russian, and some letters seems to look
something alike… and I see they have too numbers and meanings… damn I love
that.

> > But now about “hysterical”, which has been hinted several times by several
> > people (at least 3, maybe including me, I forgot) as a sexist insult.
>
> I want you to post that all over the internet.  Ruben is a bigot because
> he used the word Hysterical correctly.  Some people misuse the term
> "Intellectual Property", and others think "Hysterical" should be removed
> from language.

I don’t like the term “bigot”.  It seems mainly used against individual, for
individual purposes.  Not a very social term.  I do not like “hysterical”
neither, hovewer, but I don’t want it “removed from language”, just not (at
least less) used as an insult as it was for the reasons it was.  Anyway won’t
cancel words, only usage, and that’s up to locutors.  Will come with time.  Or
not.

So I don’t agree with this sentence.  I only stated my opinion, about a word,
not about you (don’t worry), and I didn’t even said to stop using a word x)
actually maybe I said “stop insulting”, at least… but that maybe have been
achieved through clarification?

I’ve always fought insults by understanding)