Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:46:42 +0000

Ruben Safir writes:

> On 11/3/19 11:51 PM, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
>> This is unkind and unconstructive.
>
> No it is not.  It is SPOT ON and constructive.
>
> Lieing about Richard Stallman, that is unkind and fucked up.
>
> I don't care what your moderation is.  I will just copy to places that
> don't moderate this truly fucked up situation where RMS was ruthlessly
> attacked, and kicked out of his home at the age of 66 becuase of vicious
> lies like the kind that Sandra Loosemore (my God strike out her name)
> spread around

I was asleep when all of this went down, but I agree with Mike.  This
kind of approach doesn't belong in a discussion.  You are welcome to
post it elsewhere, but we won't have it on this list.  I understand your
position here, but please find a way to make your point without
insulting others.  Please consider this your only warning: if you
continue to be abusive, I will put you under moderation.

Also, speaking as a reader and not a moderator, will everyone please
stop getting bogged down in pedantic discussion of the meaning of words?
It's tiresome and unproductive.

Finally, may I also suggest that everyone take a self-imposed cool-off
period?  I think everyone would benefit from taking some time to
reflect, regrouping and approaching any further discussion with clear
heads.

--
-brandon