Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail? - FDE Crypto

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail? - FDE Crypto
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 15:12:35 +0100

Le lundi 4 novembre 2019 15:09:56 CET, vous avez écrit :
> * Alexandre François Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> [2019-11-04 15:00]:
> > Purism do not respect users’ freedom:
> > https://libreboot.org/faq.html#will-the-purism-laptops-be-supported
> >
> > Actually they “disable” it, but since it’s proprietary software, down to
> > the cpu, and it still runs proprietary software, you can’t trust that for
> > sure. They’ve been working with Intel, they *try* to sell that.
>
> Alright, you got some information. If you think there is issue, open
> it up with Purism and try to discuss.

Afaik they already discussed it.  Their whole business work because of special
intel contracts so I don’t guess they’ll stop any soon.  ThinkPenguin may be a
better target, but they likewise sell high-performance computers that don’t
exist as 100% ryf (except they don’t pretend they’re pure or perfect or do any
bullshit marketing).