Re: list moderation

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: list moderation
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 20:33:18 +0000

Thompson, David writes:

> So you ousted the moderators that added you as moderators?  How
> lovely.  The discourse here has gotten considerably worse since.
> Surely a coincidence.

As I have made abundantly clear, I do not intend to discuss internal GNU
matters on a public list.  I invite you to engage with me elsewhere.

However, because this is the second time this charge has been raised,
there appears to be some confusion that needs to be cleared up.
Moderators of mailing lists that use the Mailman software are not
capable of changing the administrators or moderators of a list.  They
can only moderate incoming messages.  So, you have made a false
characterization of the situation by implying that I tricked them into
giving moderation rights so I could turn around and use those to oust
them.

Also, please be kinder in the way you discuss on GNU lists.  Sarcasm and
accusations are rarely the most effective way to engage in fruitful
conversation.

--
-brandon