Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 23:56:55 +0100

Hi John,

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 01:39:46PM -0800, John Wiegley wrote:
> He’s correct, I do not share the GNU philosophy, even if I enjoy
> supporting the technical aspects of the software they produce.

Boo! If you are not with us, then you are against us! Sorry, I don't
actually mean that. I actually think this is great. Because this makes
you an interesting GNU maintainer. I didn't actually expect someone to
say that. So now I would love to hear your opinion on the draft GNU
"social contract".

So, if you were asked to agree to uphold something like the draft
social contract in your role as GNU maintainer would you then step
down? Would your answer change if it said something explicit about
whether or not you were to uphold it in your own time?

Thanks,

Mark