Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 09:56:20 +0100

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 01:56:15AM +0300, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote:
> Instead of making GNU more welcoming place by lessening the burden of
> formalities, you in fact propose GNU to withdraw deeper into itself by
> inventing ideology-driven ‘contracts’.  And in order to add an insult to
> injury — to cover it with Western buzzwords like ‘inclusiveness’. :-\

Ideology? Hm. I do not see how the aim of creating a harassment-free
environment could be construed as making GNU a less welcoming place...
Neither how the word "inclusiveness" could be interpreted as an insult.
Nor whether we need to distinguish "Western" from "Eastern", "Northern"
or "Southern"; maybe we should add "regardless of origins" :-)

Andreas