Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 23:55:45 +0300

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 04:06:42PM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>> What is the exact _goal_ of this text?
>
> I think it should be a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for
> stakeholders in the GNU project to take part in its governance.

As it seems, that youʼve changed your mind at some point and no longer believe,
that your ideological-driven ‘contract’ shall cover all GNU contributors, but
shall be used to build some sort of elite within GNU, Iʼd like to append my
list of concrete suggestions to make GNU more inclusive [0], drafted at you
request, with one more important point:

* (1′) Do not openly classify volunteers basing on ideas they uphold.  Those,
who find themselves to be legal second-class citizens of GNU because they do
not share some RMSʼs views promoted to local credo, will not be very happy
about that, even if they are not going to claim any leadership.

[0] <4kzgmu89.321942@gmail.com>